- The history. Boston was founded in 1630, and is one of the oldest cities in America. I really felt like I was going back in time during parts of our trip. If you have any interest at all in US history, you will not be disappointed.
- The architecture. I guess this ties into the history part. All of the homes and buildings were so interesting to look at. I was such a peeping tom- I tried to look in all of windows that were lit when we walked by.
- The public transportation. We never had to rent a car. We were able to get most everywhere by taking the Subway or train.
- Dog friendly. Seriously, people took their dogs everywhere. Even our hotel manager brought her dog with her. This really won over the dog lover in me.
- The food! Hello seafood is all I need to say.
And now some of my favorites in pictures:

Our hotel, the Chandler Inn, from the outside.

The stairwell inside our hotel.

The stairwell inside our hotel.

Some good eatin' in the North End.


Me in front of a cute little stoop.


Garrett chowing down on the boardwalk.


The city from our ferry.


Row-houses.


The company. Garrett is the best traveling partner {best partner for anything really} I could have hoped for.
Here is a link to our Flickr if you are interested in the hundreds more that I took.
Salem is next, that haunted little town gets a post all of its own!
It such an easy place to fall in love with...but please don't move there :) ever
ReplyDelete