Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fredericksburg Getaway Day Two: Happy 4th of July

We woke up pretty early after fun night and had breakfast. We had a fun day of shopping, eating, parade watching, wine drinking and fireworks planned! First we had breakfast, shopped a little on Main St., then went to the Pacific War museum {Garrett had to do something manly!}. It was actually really informative and interesting {I think they just renovated it, so we lucked out!}. Then we lined up along Main along with the rest of the town for the parade. It was so cute and it really felt 'American,' if that makes any sense. After we got our history fix and parade watching out of the way we had lunch at a German restaurant, we were in Fredericksburg after all! I let Garrett be the adventurous one and try the sausage; I had a chicken sandwich. By the time we were done with lunch we both agreed it was time for some wine {see my next post for everything winery related!}.

Precious little Main St. I have never seen so many boutiques in my life!

This was just a whimsical staircase that I fell in love with.

All of Main was decorated with red, white and blue!

Me about to go to the museum

Beautiful war memorial.

Garrett measuring his hand against General Nimitz's.

The parade! Everyone was honoring these veterans. It brought tears to my eyes.

This little girl was really into the parade. It was adorable because they gave everyone these flags, the kids especially loved them!

Garrett eating his German sausage, washed down with a German beer of course. Such a guy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment