Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fredericksburg Getaway Day Two: The Wineries


One of the main reasons we wanted to visit Fredericksburg was for the wineries. I had no idea that there were any wineries in Texas, whenever I think about vineyards I think California, not the Lone Star State! I guess my expectations were not super high, but I was blown away! We picked the wineries based on tips from different shop owners, and they did not disappoint!

The first place we visited was Grape Creek. It was beautiful, and did not look like something you would find in Texas. At this particular vineyard you picked 5 wines to taste and got a wine glass for $10. I picked mostly whites, and Garrett tried mostly reds. They were all really good- we even bought a few bottles to take home! After our tasting we wandered around their shop and the grounds.

The entry to Grape Creek

Next on our list was Torre di Pietra. This place probably had our least favorite wine, but the atmosphere was beautiful. They also had these amazing bellinis that well made up for the wine! We sat outside under their pavilion and listened to some more Texas country. The band was really good, and I wish that I caught their name. I don't know if it was the wine or the atmosphere, {probably a little of both!} but it was a super relaxing time!



I also thought that Torre had the prettiest vineyards. I took all of my grape shots here. And you know we totally stole a grape or two!

After hanging out for a while, we headed back to the hotel for a shower and dinner. After dinner we parked to watch fireworks.

We parked on the edge of a landing strip and had a perfect view. We opened the trunk of Garrett's Tahoe and sat back there. It was so cozy and sweet!


The fireworks looked great, I just wish I got better pictures!

This really was the most wonderful Fourth of July I have ever had!

2 comments:

  1. Kris, you take such beautiful pictures! I have always wanted to go the Fredericksburg and glad you enjoyed your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Josephine! Say hi to Huy and the girls for me!

    ReplyDelete